Default Tomato juice fermentation?

This morning, on my way into the digital photo lab to work
on a project for the photo course I am taking, I stopped
at a fairly popular restaurant on Philadelphia's South Street
to eat breakfast. As is usually the case when I eat breakfast
out, I ordered a glass of tomato juice.

As I sat at the table reading a newspaper and sipping on
the tomato juice, I noticed that the juice had a strange
taste. The juice didn't seem spoiled, but it did have an
unusual flavor; sort of like a light vinegar flavor. I
asked the waitress to switch my juice to pineapple. The
pineapple juice was fine, as was my sausage and eggs, but
I kept thinking about that tomato juice. I never tasted
anything quite like that juice before. Then as I was
walking down South Street shooting some photos, it dawned
on me. I think the juice had started to ferment.

Does this make sense? I never heard of tomato juice
fermenting before, esp. in a restaurant where they would
probably not have any juice sitting around very long.
Has anyone else experienced this with tomato juice? I am
a big fan of tomato juice. I like it much better than
orange juice, esp. at breakfast.

I frequently keep a bottle of TJ in my refrigerater
and sometimes it does go bad, so I know what spoiled
tomato juice tastes like and what I tasted this morning
was definitely not spoiled, just different.

Anyway, I just finished my lab work so its time for me
to head out to do some more photo shooting for the
digital photography course I am taking.

By the way, if you're curious what I am working on now
for my photo course, have a look at these three web pages
that are sitting on my Mac:

http://picard.ocis.temple.edu/~stan/...stanleyC4.html

http://picard.ocis.temple.edu/~stan/...stanleyC4.html

http://picard.ocis.temple.edu/~stan/...stanleyC4.html

Tell me if you can guess what these images are. They are
losely related too food.

Have a nice weekend, everyone

Stan