Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default What would be the "Ultimate" Steak & Eggs?

sf wrote:

>> I'm still mulling over my concept of the "ultimate" steak & egg dish.
>> Besides truffles, I think potatoes would have to be in there somewhere.
>> Some
>> kind of sauce which enhances all the other components; maybe just a
>> compound
>> butter with thyme and shallots.
>>

> Everything you're thinking of sounds wonderful, but I wouldn't want it
> for breakfast.

Good point; it needs to be lightened up.

The potatoes I had in mind were something like this:

Peel yellow potatoes and cut into slices about three-eighths of an inch
thick. Brown them in oil, then simmer in stock until tender.

I'm not thinking of a BIG steak, probably only about four ounces or so cut
from a larger cooked steak. The egg should not be lost in the steak. The
truffles would be shaved over the top. Can you think of a sauce which would
complement all that while still being fairly light?

Bob