Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default What would be the "Ultimate" Steak & Eggs?

Kent wrote:

>> At brunch, Lin stated that her entree was the "Ultimate" steak & egg
>> dish. I'm not so sure about that. Upon reflection, I think the ultimate
>> steak & eggs would definitely have truffles. What else should the
>> ultimate steak & eggs have?
>>

> Tournedos Rossini with Foie Gras: I'd leave out the eggs, or have eggs on
> the side. Or, use the yolks for sauce Bernaise. Have that on the side
> with the Madeira sauce with the steak.

Marginalizing or omitting the eggs rather disqualifies the dish from being
the ultimate steak & egg dish. I'm sure you'll agree.

I'm still mulling over my concept of the "ultimate" steak & egg dish.
Besides truffles, I think potatoes would have to be in there somewhere. Some
kind of sauce which enhances all the other components; maybe just a compound
butter with thyme and shallots.

Bob