Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default What would be the "Ultimate" Steak & Eggs?

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message

> At brunch, Lin stated that her entree was the "Ultimate" steak
> & egg dish. I'm not so sure about that. Upon reflection, I think
> the ultimate steak & eggs would definitely have truffles. What
> else should the ultimate steak & eggs have?

White Italian truffles would be ideal, as you state.

I go with the idea of harissa on eggs. I'm presently in London
which afforded us the opportunity to buy unpasteurized, lower-salt,
fresh rose harissa rather than the jarred product, which is
already wonderful, but the fresh stuff is that much better.
I could visualize a poached egg on toast dish but with thinly
sliced rib steak beneath the egg.

We didn't have steak with our poached eggs with harissa this morning,
but we did have some slices of Extremadura ham next to them
on the plate. That stuff is also really good. (L17 / 100 g, not
too bad, given the flavor concentration.)

Steve