Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Five Guys vs. In'N'Out

In article
aem > wrote:

> L.A.Times has this story in the Business section today, about
> expansion of the Five Guys chain into California where inevitably
> they have to compete with In 'N Out.
> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,7319175.story
>
> The story notes that Five Guys doesn't do the drive thru window--only
> sit down inside--which would seem to me to mean that they can't make a
> serious inroad into In "N Out's bottom line. And the story wisely
> doesn't attempt to compare the quality of the chains' food, noting
> only that Five Guys offers bigger and more expensive items.
>
> Being a long time SoCal resident and fan of In'NOut since inception
> I'm curious whether east coast rfc-ers have opinions about the quality
> of Five Guys' food. I think the story tries to make it sound as
> though the competition is more direct than it really is, but for the
> ordinary consumer like us, the story raises curiosity. -aem

Son in AZ loves them. We've eaten there a couple times, once of
necessity, once of convenience. I like Culver's better. JMO.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella