Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nan[_3_] Nan[_3_] is offline

Default I have something new to deal with

On Apr 7, 5:40*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Doug Freyburger" > wrote in message

> > Nan wrote:

> >> I did well on Atkins and let my dr talk me out of it, and I gained
> >> 45#.

> > My doctor worried about me being on Atkins. *I asked him what he thought
> > it entailed. *When he told me I said he should actually read the book
> > and get back to me when he knew what he was talking about. *He just
> > nodded. *Maybe he had read the book and was worried that I was doing it
> > like I had read some magazine article. *Lot's of people do all sorts of
> > crazy things and think they can call it Atkins. *Nope. *Atkins is
> > something specific from a set of books. *It has directions to be
> > followed.

> > When I started Atkins I followed the directions to the letter. *On
> > schedule every week of every phase. *I lost 40 pounds in six months.
> > Then I figured I could do it on my own. *I lost 0 pounds in six months.
> > Amazing how that worked. *;^)

> I can't tell you how many people think Atkins means eating unlimited eggs,
> butter, cheese and meat. *My husband bought the book because he wanted to do
> it. *He didn't read the book. *I did. *Or I started to. *I realized he would
> never make it out of the induction phase. *When he diets, he always turns to
> fruit. *Eats obscene amounts of it. *There was also not anything unlimited
> about the diet. *There were set amounts that you couldn't go over.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I have the Primal Blueprint
Easy new cookbook
on backorder, it seems to be backordered everywhere. And we are doing
Ok.
We do a lot of bbq and I can make most things flourless. It's a
little different
than Atkins. The website MarksDailyApple.com has a big recipe
section. I asked
about the fried chicken as it is one of my fav foods.
But I was just so surprised that this happened as I'd had no
noticeable discomfort
after eating loads of pasta(I must have some Italian blood), rice, and
I'd been eating
brown rice which has more undigestible stuff in it than regular, and
potatoes are one
of my favs. I will stay off it all for at least a month, and then try
adding things other
than wheat, back in and see how it goes.
And make a printout of your suggestions for grocery shopping and
perusal.
Thanks again, Nan