Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default I have something new to deal with

Nan wrote:

> I did well on Atkins and let my dr talk me out of it, and I gained
> 45#.

My doctor worried about me being on Atkins. I asked him what he thought
it entailed. When he told me I said he should actually read the book
and get back to me when he knew what he was talking about. He just
nodded. Maybe he had read the book and was worried that I was doing it
like I had read some magazine article. Lot's of people do all sorts of
crazy things and think they can call it Atkins. Nope. Atkins is
something specific from a set of books. It has directions to be
followed.

When I started Atkins I followed the directions to the letter. On
schedule every week of every phase. I lost 40 pounds in six months.
Then I figured I could do it on my own. I lost 0 pounds in six months.
Amazing how that worked. ;^)