Posted to rec.food.cooking
Landon Landon is offline

Default Dinner 4-4-2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 18:36:16 +0000 (UTC), Doug Freyburger
> wrote:

>For styles we know it's not all that difficult to out perform a local
>restaurant. But there are a lot of styles we don't know and there's the
>social aspect of restaurants.
>
>At home tipping the waiter and chef can get a lot more intimate. Candle
>light works well for that as well. Yet another advantage to a really
>good meal in the privacy of our own home.

I agree totally, Doug. It's seldom that I have a meal out where there
isn't something about the meal that is less than the quality I make
for myself at home.

When I do find a place where everything is *always* as good or better
than I make myself, *that* place gets into my local restaurant hall of
fame.