Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Dinner 4-4-2011

sf wrote:

> Dinner tonight was grilled t-bone lamb chops and steamed "orange"
> cauliflower... served with couscous that I had on hand already. The
> couscous was made with mushrooms, onion and lemon - yummy!
>
> We even lit the candles.

For styles we know it's not all that difficult to out perform a local
restaurant. But there are a lot of styles we don't know and there's the
social aspect of restaurants.

> Hubby's comment was: With meals this good, we don't need to eat out
> (he pauses, then says)... and we don't have to tip the waiter.
> Tru dat.

At home tipping the waiter and chef can get a lot more intimate. Candle
light works well for that as well. Yet another advantage to a really
good meal in the privacy of our own home.