Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Dinner 4-4-2011

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 09:39:30 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
> My brother and his wife used to go out for dinner every Friday night.

We have friends that do/did date night too, but we never did that
either.

> My wife and I had a Friday night dinner routine. I would pick up some
> fresh salmon, a bottle of white wine, salad fixings and fresh Italian
> bread. The salmon as cooked on the grill and my wife made a simple
> salad. It was quick and delcious and less than $20. We went out with my
> brither and his wife a few times and it costs $50-60 for simpler,
> cheaper food.

When you can make restaurant quality food at home and you like the
atmosphere at home better (I have a beautiful wood paneled dining room
with french windows and doors), why go out? These days, when we
eat out - it could be a spur of the moment thing, but it's usually a
planned dinner out with friends (waving at SteveP and ChrisD) or we're
on a "stay-cation", playing tourist on a day trip.