Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner 4-4-2011

On 05/04/2011 1:03 AM, sf wrote:

> Dinner tonight was grilled t-bone lamb chops and steamed "orange"
> cauliflower... served with couscous that I had on hand already. The
> couscous was made with mushrooms, onion and lemon - yummy!
>
> We even lit the candles.
>
> Hubby's comment was: With meals this good, we don't need to eat out
> (he pauses, then says)... and we don't have to tip the waiter.
> Tru dat.

That was my mother's problem. She always set a nice table and lit
candles, every night of the week. She was a pretty good cook. My father
didn't see much point in going out for dinner because he was eating so
well at home.

We have a similar situation ourselves. Both my wife and I are capable of
putting on a nice dinner without a lot of effort. It costs a lot to go
out for food better than we can do at home.

My brother and his wife used to go out for dinner every Friday night. My
wife and I had a Friday night dinner routine. I would pick up some
fresh salmon, a bottle of white wine, salad fixings and fresh Italian
bread. The salmon as cooked on the grill and my wife made a simple
salad. It was quick and delcious and less than $20. We went out with my
brither and his wife a few times and it costs $50-60 for simpler,
cheaper food.