Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default MAY 21, 2011: JUDGMENT DAY!!!!!!!!

On 28/03/2011 1:16 PM, Landon wrote:

>> Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to the sort of person who
>> uses a hotmail address to deliver a religious message of doom and gloom
>> to a cooking news group they are fair game. There are religious groups
>> where they can share their intimate knowledge of god and others for
>> kooks and whackos. Bring your religion into a non-religious group and
>> you can expect to be confronted.

> I agree with you to an extent. If one were to respond to the person
> who posted from the hotmail acct, "Hey dummy, are you too stupid to
> find an appropriate group to spam?", then that would be what I
> consider a rightful post.

OKAY, asking why he needs to use a hotmail account is not aky but it
would ge okay to call him a dummy.

> However, when the person responding uses one misdirected post to make
> another unfair and inappropriate post, I don't agree. Discussion of
> opinion about religion has no place on a food group unless it's about
> the religious association to particular foods or preparation of foods.
>
> Insulting those who choose to believe in one religion or another is
> just tacky and rude. There are forums for that. It ain't this one.

It is not their choice to believe that it is the problem. It is their
decision, their compulsion to preach. There are indeed forums where
messages like that would be appropriate. Preaching to those who don't
believe, or who believer in something else, is as insulting as insulting
the preachers.