Derek

Default Tea tools

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Volfie "Scary
Poppins" Jackson rolled initiative and posted the following:

> I just bought the most marvelous little tea tool from Cargo and
> James! http://www.cargoandjames.com/ It a metal sipping device
> that has a flat but round mesh end in that goes in the cup and
> it allows you to use loose tea leaves in your cup without
> swallowing them when you sip your tea. (Not that I mind tea
> leaves occasionally but this is just fun.) Now some of you
> probably already knew that things like this existed but I sure
> didn't and I've been drinking loose tea since I was a few years
> old. Are there any other nifty tea tools out there I should
> know about? I want to own them all!
>
> Giselle (having fun with my new tea-tasting experiments)

What you are describing (and from visiting the site) is a Mate
Bombilla. It is used with Yerba Mate and a gourd - a South
American "thing."

Basically, the gourd is filled with Mate, possibly some sugar, and
hot water. The bombilla is used to drink from the gourd, which is
often refilled so multiple steeps are common.

It's also often a communal experience, with one gourd and bombilla
being passed around.

--
Derek

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a
warning to others.