Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.food.cooking

Default Taking some wine to friends house.

On 20/03/2011 12:14 PM, Paul Arthur wrote:

>>> Never even heard of vintage port, have you?

>> Actually there is vintage port and it can be quite pricy,

> Um, duh. That was his point. That pricy vintage port often requires
> decanting due to sediment, which rather argues against the claim that
> wines worth more than $2/liter don't need decanting.

It was Sheldon. Don't expect it to make sense.

A few years ago my wife bought me a bottle of vintage port. It was
wonderful stuff. I confess to being naive about vintage port. I had no
idea there would be so much dregs in the bottom of the bottle. I would
estimate that 10-15% of the volume of the bottle was dregs. Rude surprise.