Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Tonight's dinner

"RodS" > wrote in message

>>> Oh Cheri how could you! Nothing better than a baked sweet potato with
>>> butter, cinnamon and dash of sugar.

>> *Runs to bathroom to puke*
>>
>> My mom always made the canned ones, mashed with marshmallows on the top.
>> always thought I hated them because of the marshmallows.

> Never seen canned sweet potato, never put marshmallow on a vegetable
> either, WHY would anyone put marshmallow on vegetables ? I must have led a
> sheltered life :-) Baked with butter and pinch of cinnamon sugar, nothing
> nicer.

Maybe it's more of a US thing. When I was a kid, my mom made that sweet
potato casserole with marshmallows browned on top every time she made a ham
or a turkey, and all holidays. Errrrrrrk. She also used to stick those whole
cloves all over hams, with the pineapple slices and marachino cherries in
the pineapple holes. I could handle the pineapple/cherries, but not the
cloves stuck in. Another huge Errrrrrrk.

Cheri