Posted to rec.food.baking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Adjustment for baking two loaves of bread?

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 08:02:58 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:

>I like to bake a loaf of whole wheat and a loaf of almost- white.
>Yes, they are in the oven at the same time, sort of side by on the
>same rack. Should I adjust the time or temp? Just trying to keep the
>old electric bill down.
>Thanks.

What temps do each of the recipes call for? Are both loaves in pans or
free form?

Generally, if the loaves are about the same size, you should have no
problem. You can use the old fashioned "thump the bottom" method of
testing for doneness or use a probe thermometer.

Try it and keep an eye on things. Report back you results.

Boron