Michael Plant

Default Where can I order good green tea?

/12/04

> Robert Schneider wrote:
>> Yes, sounds interesting. Unfortunately it is not in English.
>>
>> Is it really like you said that the best tea is for export? That means
>> also that your Cognac in France is worse than the one we can get here in
>> Austria from you? This is not what I thought. I guess the products for
>> export is bulk good, and I suppose that there is better quality to find
>> - just to know where is the problem. But maybe you're right.
>>

>> Robert

> of that i don't really personally know.
> I read it in some book about tea ( yes, written by a french guy)
> who said it, but I on't really know. As far as I can imagine ,
> maybe the poorest of the tea producing countries try to export it
> and thus get more money for it as in their own countries.
> Maybe so is it with us for the Cognac ;-), but i' m not that sure
>
> --
> Vincent

Guys, I hasten to add that with tea it might be quite different. China folk
correct me freely. The best teas -- those that could sell for thousands of
dollars per kilo at auction -- are consumed traditionally in China and never
reach Europe of the Americas. That it takes a good lot of time for the
angels to sip their alotted share of an excellent cognac, whereas the teas
in question need to be consumed fresh might have something to do with this.

Michael