Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Soups On! 3-12-11

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:46:16 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> Looks good. I chard edible that way. I like soup but can't say the same
> about chard.

I disliked chard from childhood. I loved beet greens, so grandpa
thought I'd like red chard. Well, it didn't taste like beet greens
and it was mature chard, so it was a little bitter too. Then I
discovered baby and immature chard. That's a different ballgame
entirely! I bet you'll love it, but try not to overcook. It cooks as
fast as young spinach.