Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Soups On! 3-12-11

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:16:43 -0700 (PDT), JeanineAlyse
> wrote:

> On Mar 12, 9:33*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 20:21:13 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse

> sf responce....
> > I really do like red chard in soupy things. *It has more flavor than
> > cabbage... and it's prettier too. *You can use it in place of spinach
> > too. *

> Okay, thanks for the descriptive tip! I have no memory of chard's
> flavor, and I do use cabbage and spinach often.

I bet you'll like it. Don't over cook, throw it in last. You can
often find other colors or all the colors together in one bunch,
called "Rainbow". It's very pretty. This is the time of year to find
immature chard (aka: baby). Remember, you eat with your eyes too.