Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soups On! 3-12-11

On 12/03/2011 11:00 PM, sf wrote:

> Beef soup with red chard and all sorts of other vegetables.
> Hubby did the cooking.
> http://oi54.tinypic.com/1eb8sl.jpg

Looks good. I chard edible that way. I like soup but can't say the same
about chard.

I have been on a peas soup kick lately. I have been getting smoked pork
hocks from the butcher. I toss some chopped onion, celery and carrot
into the pan with some oil and give it a few minutes, then add a little
chopped garlic and give it a another minute or two, then toss in the ham
hock, some bay leaf and split peas and water. Let it simmer for a few
hours. Wow it's good.