Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

Default Pumpkin pie + graham cracker crust?

(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Thu, 01
Jan 2004 21:35:06 GMT, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
Wayne Boatwright > reported:

:

>> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
>> On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 12:53:12 GMT, Floyd Farcus >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>1 cup pumpkin

>> How would you prepare the pumpkin if you were making it from fresh
>> pumpkin?

>Cut the pumpkin in half and oil the cut surfaces. Place face down on a
>cookie sheet with rim. Bake at 325-350°F for 45-60, or until a fork or
>knife can easily pierce completely through the flesh. Remove from oven and
>cool each half on a wire rack to allow excess juice to drip out. Scoop out
>seeds and fiber, then scoop out pumpkin from rind into large mixing bowl.
>Mash with potato masher. You may also use a food mill or food processor,
>however, I prefer the texture produced by the potato masher. Turn mashed
>pulp into stainless steel or plastic colander and suspend it over a bowl in
>the refrigerator overnight. This also allows the excess moisture to drip
>away. The pumpkin pulp is now ready for use. It can also be frozen for
>future use.
>
>HTH
>Wayne

EXCELLENT! Many thanks.

Is there at particular type of pumpkin that you use? Can this be done
with Butternut squash (which is less sweet)?

(I do love this group!)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
< davida at jdc dot org dot il >