Jarmo Louet

Default Como se dice "tea and sandwiches" auf Norsk?

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 11:59:28 GMT, Michael Plant wrote:
>Swedish, Norwegian, Danish; hey, what's the difference?
>Sorry guys, that was a joke.

Well, they are very closely related. Finnish belongs to a totally
different family of languages, though. It's not even an Indo-European
language, so you'd really have to go way back to find a common
ancestor.

>Are you getting your tea from foreign suppliers?

No, I don't have an international credit card and I don't want to mess
with tolls and customs. Maybe some day, though.

Anyway, I rather like finding new Finnish sources, even if it takes a
bit of effort. I can get organic Lapsang Souchong from one store,
green Makaibari from a second store, good sencha and other Japanese
teas from a third store, some Chinese teas from a fourth store etc.

>Relevant: I'm drinking a Wulong from Shan Shui Teas in Washington, DC, USA,
>this morning. Very soft and round and gentle with a hint of astringency and
>sweetness. I'm a believer.

Sounds good. I'm drinking Kenya Marinyn GFOP 1 at the moment. It's
much darker and "drier" (not bitter, but totally un-sweet) than I
expected, but good nonetheless.

>Not relevant: I'm a mouse guy, having owned a number of pet mice, and I
>know for a fact that Finland is well respected in the pet mouse world. I
>also know that Finland has been a front runner in internet use and
>development. So, given time and tea, Finland could become as big and
>important as the United States some day.

Thank you for the compliment, but Finland is so much smaller country
that I don't think so. I'm studying to become a librarian, however, so
I know a little about this modern "information society" stuff, and we
are doing fairly well in that regard. We have one of the most used
public library systems in the world (providing, among other things,
free Internet access to everyone who wants to use it). Wireless mobile
communications are a big business here as well, thanks to Nokia. It
seems that just about everybody above the age of 5 has a cell phone,
these days.

I didn't (and don't) know about the mice, I'm more of a dog-person.

Jarmo Louet

Replace # in my email address by @ to reply.
Vaihda osoitteen risuaidan tilalle @-merkki.