Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Storrmmee Storrmmee is offline

Default Are you cooking more or less than you used to?

i cook as little as possible, the DH does most of it, but being here in the
hotel, with everything going on i occasionally go on cooking binges and prep
binges so he can put it together when we are ready, for example yesterday i
made chicken soup, puritst look away NOW

we are avoiding buying any spices because of space contstraints, so
seasoning is a challenge, i chopped up the remains of a rot. chicken, in
with a can of traditional progresso soup, a can of diced tomatoes from
costco, and a sixteen ounce bag of parisian vegetables from meijer, i
simmerred this for a while until i was sure the veggies were done, then put
it off the stove to cool and into the frigg, that will be today's lunch

I also made a fakey pasta sauce, which consisted of six ounces of frozen
broccoli that dh had cooked the whole bag for another meal, eight ounces of
that fake crab meat and a can of progresso clam chowder, dh will get some
multi grain thin noodles from barrilla or ronzoni and that will be dinner
tomorrow.

and the meal where we cooked the broccoli was a pork steak we split i cooked
in a frying pan with butter, potato pancakes i totally screwed up and that
other half of the broccoli...

I also made fake lobster salad using one of those eight ounce packages and
boiled eggs from the hotel's breakfast bar, and i understand these are some
pre done eggs they buy from the store,

sorry for going on so long but living here has certainly put the creativity
need up a notch, Lee