Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default (2011-03-07) NS-RFC: And now for dessert...

On Mar 8, 12:37*pm, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:12:49 -0800, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 21:51:18 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > > wrote:

> >>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

> > I'm assuming it's a prix fixe dinner and no other choices?

> No, I wasn't thinking along those lines. Never been to any 'high class'
> restaurants that offer set menus for a specific price.
>
> FWIW, when the wait staff (or the chef) at a 'high class' restaurant have
> recommended a particular dessert, I've been known to succumb to their
> charms and ordered it. However, if a recommended dessert arrived at my
> table and it contained Froot Loops, I'd send it straight back to the
> kitchen - and revise my opinion of the chef in question.

That's the answer I chose, but I'd also suspect that there was a
hidden camera somewhere, like Candid Camera.
I wish you could get old episodes of that show on DVD. I still
remember the one where they had seniors at an Ivy League college
getting the results of a career suitability test and the fake
counselor telling one guy that he was most qualified to be a shepherd.

> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

--Bryan