Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default Do you put eggs in your lasagna?

"Jim Elbrecht" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 05:58:20 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
>

>>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

But >>> it contains eggs. And I'm allergic to eggs.

>>You are the only person I know of that uses eggs in lasagna. Never heard
>>of
>>it before, never thought it would have a place.

> Goomba and I do. I mix a couple into the ricotta/parm cheese> layer.
> I think it holds the flavor & layer together and makes it
> richer.
>
> But obviously there are lots of ways to just leave them out. It's>
> lasagna-- there are no rules.

Or at least there are not so many rules as it would seem here. Eggs might
be only in fresh pasta, too. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of
distinctly different lasagne, most of which don't have eggs other than in
possibly the pasta. My two favorites, artichoke and asparagus lasagne,
don't.

I would just let her eat the frozen junk once a month. I feel sure that it
could take years to copy it sans egg and still not please the princess.