Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default (2011-03-07) NS-RFC: And now for dessert...

ChattyCathy wrote:

> I'm almost afraid to ask - but what the heck - what could one do to Froot
> Loops that would make them palatable?

Use them in the compost heap and grow basil next year with the compost.

But that's the shtick on the show "Chopped" on FoodTV. They give the
contestants some completely off the wall ingredient and expect them to
do something good with it. The better they think the contestant is the
worse the trick ingredient. By the time they reach the final round of
the all star series I figure they will give them a rock. I think it
makes the show hilarious. It is for entertainment as much as it is for
education after all. Here's a dumb ingredient, now go demonstrate some
technique on it that you haven't used since culinary school ...