Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default (2011-03-07) NS-RFC: And now for dessert...

"Dan Abel" wrote
> Serene Vannoy wrote:

>> I chose MCINL because I would taste it and then base whether I ate it or
>> not on how good it tasted.

> Me too, PLUS I would suspect that the Froot Loops were actually
> imitations. If it was really a fancy restaurant, they might use high
> quality fruit and hand make something that looked like Froot Loops but
> were really good.

Thats another possible, but I wouldn't be shocked to the point of not
tasting it if served in a high quality restraunt. My assumption before
tasting was they had some quirky humor and a new wonderful way to use them
that fit. Here's an example of cheap sugar sprinkles.

150$ a multi-course meal in Fukuoka. Charlotte at the end wanted the
cupcake for dessert. She was 13 at the time? On a bed of white icing, was
those little star shaped cheap sugar sprinkles laid out to look like a
blanket (I swear, they must have used tweezers to get them just so!), a
paper umbrella, and a gummy bear resting in the shade of it on the blanket.
One corner had blue sugar granules sorta tufted up to look like ocean waves
;-)

Grin, the chef came out to peer around the corner and see if she liked it
but the giggles made it a plain winner. They don't see many kids at places
like that getting a 7 course meal. (I asked them to cut her portions down
so she wouldn't fill up before she got to all the course goodies).