Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Cost of Black Soy Beans--Gulp!

Janet > wrote:
: I made turkey chili yesterday and used two cans of the soy beans. We had it
: for dinner last night--so far, no ill effects for either of us. Perhaps our
: fiber consumption is already high enough to provide the necessary "prep."
: While not as good as black beans, they did provide a bean element in the
: chili and if they keep my BG down it will be a great substitute.
: Unfortunately I failed to test after dinner to see how they worked for me in
: terms of BG. I'll have to do it next time. (I made a big batch!)

I guess you used the canned beans. I often use the dried one in soup,
etc. I find that they need longer cooking than many other beans and they
have a firmer texture even afer long cooking. Not a bad one, just less
pastey if "overcooked."

Wendy