Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default Five Reasons to Be a Vegetarian, and Ten Arguments Against Eating Meat

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 20:40:42 -0500, "Tim923" > wrote:

and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote in
>message news:20110222MHR4EUr9PmmOjKUZfIMbILk@pAfPU...
>> Chapter 43: T he Meat-Free Life

>> Five Reasons to Be a Vegetarian & Ten Arguments Against Eating Meat

>I don't think about it that much. I just find meat unappetizing. The less
>I ate of it, the less I wanted it.

There are people who like eating meat but feel so badly about doing so that
they become veg*n. Those are the people who are a shame to see. People like
yourself who just don't like meat and are honest about that, THEN you develope
the guilt thing too, makes a bit more sense. You can honestly say you don't care
that it contributes to more deaths to eat tofu than it does to eat grass raised
beef, or that it contributes to a lot more deaths to drink rice milk than cow
milk, especially grass raised. You probably would never be so honest, but you
COULD be. A person who becomes veg*n for supposedly ethical reasons but does
like the taste of animal products wouldn't have that excuse to fall back on.