Dave Croft

Default Tea and Dining out

"Joseph Kubera" > wrote in message ...
> Hello, Seby, and welcome.
> Outside of a genuine tea-house it is still true that the best tea in a
> restaurant is the tea you bring yourself.
> I live in New York City, and here many places, even delis, have a variety of
> bagged tea (black, green, flavored). At least it is not all just black tea
> anymore. However, it is still no better than poor-to-average.
> I have had good success being served hot water when I bring my own tea. The
> trick is remembering to bring along the tea when I go out.
> Joe

Hi Guys, As an Englishman who has just found this group I am horrified to
hear of the practice of using "Hot Water" to make tea.
Average tea bags covered with boiling water straight from the kettle is a better drink
than the best leaf tea covered by water that is off the boil.
Still it is nice to see how many are drinking tea & realise that civilisation has finaly
reached the new world. 8^)
Regards,
--
Dave Croft