Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Shrimp, Spinach, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Frittata

This sounds really good to me. I think I'll make it on Easter.

Recipe courtesy of Chef Marvin Woods and Trailblazing Productions, LLC.

Ingredients
4 eggs
4 egg whites
1/3 cup chopped fresh tomatoes or diced canned tomatoes
1 dash Ancho chili powder
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
12 large shrimp (16 to 20 count), sliced in half crosswise
1 small shallot, chopped
1 cup packed chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400F.
Whisk eggs and egg whites together in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, Ancho
chili powder and chopped basil. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.

Heat a medium cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet over medium-high
heat. Add canola oil. Season shrimp with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and
pepper. When oil is hot, place shrimp in pan and sauté 1 minute. Add shallot
and sauté 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted.

Spread shrimp and spinach mixture evenly in skillet. Pour egg mixture into
skillet. Use a spatula to lift shrimp and spinach mixture, allowing egg
mixture to flow underneath. Sprinkle goat cheese on top.

Once the frittata is set on the bottom, transfer to oven and bake 13 to 15
minutes, until puffy and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool a few
minutes before cutting into wedges.

Nutritional Info (per serving)
Calories 360 Fat 22g Cholesterol 405mg Sodium 810mg Carbohydrates 4g Fiber
0g Protein 38g