Lewis Perin

Default Toe in the (dirty) water

(Joseph Kubera) writes:

> Don't know about pu-erhs in NYC Chinatown. Big Apple tearoom there
> has one puerh disc on display, but I don't know anything about it.
> Maybe Lew Perin will see this thread and suggest places. He's our
> eminent Chinatown explorateur.

Why, thank you, Joe! Most of the Puerh I've bought has been by mail
order or over the Net, and the few I've tried from Chinatown grocery
stores have been cheap and no better than you'd expect. If I were
determined to get some good Puerh in New York, I suppose I'd go to Big
Apple, because they're the only place I know where you could have them
brew some for you and then ask to buy some to brew yourself.

> [...]
> I was in Ito En (Japanese tea purveyor) on Madison Ave. circa 69th St. (or is
> it 79th) about a month ago when, oddly enough, they had brewed pu-erhs for
> sampling. One of them seemed quite good.

It's between 68th and 69th.

By the way, I hope this isn't too late. I just got back from an
offline vacation.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /