Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default stuffed shells?

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:48:22 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

> On Feb 28, 9:38*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:03:22 -0800 (PST), "
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > Any suggestions for where I can find these pasta shells? I am open to
> > > dry pasta, cooked pasta, and even stuff shells if it just cheese and
> > > light seasoning. No sauce, meat, or veggies.

> > It will be interesting to see if anyone knows. *I haven't seen dry
> > giant shells in years. *Barilla has jumbo, nothing bigger.
> >
> > Use ricotta and an egg for the filling unless you're the one who can't
> > eat eggs. *
> >

> I can eat eggs, though I never thought of them in in this. I actually
> have a few left from the last bag I bought. But they aren't even on
> Safeway's website anymore. They have other frozen pasta products, but
> not ones I like.
>
> They were really great for a quick and easy meal when I don't feel
> like cooking. They were also really great for cooking in the hotel
> while traveling. I just needed a bag of the stuffed shells and a
> container of spaghetti sauce. Travels in a cooler well, and heats
> fast.

I made stuffed shells many times when it was popular, so I can assure
you there is egg in it. I guess you found commercial pre-stuffed
shells that met your requirements in the past, but my memory is that
they come with both spinach and tomato sauce in the package. You work
in a grocery store, so I'll assume you've used your contacts there.

Try this search term to Google "where do I buy stuffed shell pasta in
<name of city here>? -recipe" without the quotation marks.