Kingsley Kingsley is offline
Member

Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
(Wall Street Journal) - Starbucks Corp. is telling its harried
baristas to slow down — which may result in longer lines.
(snip)

Maybe I've just been spoiled by my experience with more traditional coffee
houses in the SF Bay area, but every time I've been to Starbucks I've been
amazed at how long it takes it takes the baristas to come up with a simple
cappuccino --- it's like it's the first day on the job for everyone behind
the counter. I think they just lack experience and are never able to get
into an efficient rhythm. To have them slow down any more is going to make
for very edgy customers . . .
With so many other coffee shop alternatives Starbucks is probably looking to fucus on ensuring the quality of their drinks is at the highest standard rather than churning out substandard joe that could result in people looking elsewhere for their caffeine fix - then again with the volume of product they're shipping they don't have to have the best cuppa. look at McDonalds, there are better burgers out there but people go to the golden arches because it's quick and conveniant and they know what they're going to get.
Find your nearest Prezzo restaurant and book a table for free! Check for the latest Prezzo offers & specials available.