Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bittman shreds McDonalds "healthy" oatmeal

On 23/02/2011 6:35 PM, I_am_Tosk wrote:
> In .com>,
> says...
>

>> I don't know how anyone could get hooked on MacDonalds. I never did like
>> their food.

> Some folks have different taste? When you grew up as poor as some of us,
> McDonalds was a BIIIIGGGG DEAL! and few and far between...

I can't say that we were poor, but money was tight. We at well at home
and rarely went out for any restaurant meals. I don't find MacD's to be
cheap, considering how tasteless the food is and how small the portions
are. Even when I was working on the road and on a expense account there
was no way I would go there.