Posted to rec.food.cooking
I_am_Tosk I_am_Tosk is offline

Default Bittman shreds McDonalds "healthy" oatmeal

In article >,
says...

> I_am_Tosk wrote:
>
> > The last time I did McDonalds was about three years ago when I walked in
> > go get a burger, fries, and shake for the three of us, and it came to 26
> > dollars!

> Those numbers just don't compute? How many burgers were you ordering for
> each person???

Well, If I remember correctly it was three "meals" (big mac, quarter
pounder, etc..), Supersized, with Shakes instead of soda, and probably
three extra regular sized cheesburgers. We usually threw the extra
sandwiches in the fridge for later in the week or as a quick snack.
which was our usual order. I guess If I could have described it as
"four" meals, but proprietary interstate stops are always a buck or two
higher than those off the interstates. Either way, we have not been back
since although I have stopped at BK for dollar value lunches here and
there on the road... I was going to have a bigmac meal for my B'day a
while back but I wasn't feeling all that hot that day anyway so I
didn't.