Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default blueberries and making a dessert

Evelyn > wrote:
: On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:28:13 -0500, Alice Faber >
: wrote:

: >>
: >> Blueberries! I have noticed tht this year teh blueberries and even somd
: >> strawberries seem to last for a long time. I have had boxes forover a
: >> week without seeign any rotting. does anyone have any idea wat is going
: >> on here? It could sve me money by enabling me t buy a larger box at a
: >> lower per serving cost. As only one to feed now, I have hesitted to do
: >> this, but finally succumbed adn bought a big box and it is lasting!
: >>
: >
: >Given that this time of year, the berries are probably from South
: >America, I'd worry about what chemicals they've been treated with to
: >last this long.
: >
: >When I get local berries from farmstand or farmers market, they would
: >last this long (if I let them!).

: I would suspect they irradiate a lot of the produce, which kills the
: bacteria that causes rot.

: Evelyn
All I can say is thqt th package I am curently using, purchased from the
same source, is not lasting as well. Who knows, it may be the luck of the
draw.

Wendy