Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default blueberries and making a dessert

Boomer > wrote:
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...

: "Boomer" > wrote in message
: ...
: >I have started eating desserts with blueberries. I have done this because
: >of the information I got that a steady diet of blueberries might lower my
: >insulin resistance.
: >
: > I take 5 ounces of the plain Greek Yoghurt. This is the stuff that is very
: > low in carbs. I have found no other yoghurt this low. It comes in quarts
: > in a green tub.
: >
: > I then put in a tablespoon of peanut flour and 10 drops of sweetzfree.
: > This is stirred very well. Lastly, blueberries are put in so that they are
: > not broken by stirring. BTW I have found that peanut flour is an excellent
: > flavouring with very low carbs, also quite cheap.
: >
: > If I have a Michelob Ultra before eating this dessert, I will get a drop
: > in BG at 45 minutes. I confess to using alcohol to control my BG. Many of
: > you already know this. I keep this alcohol input to two beers per day.
: > Without using alcohol I will get about a 10 point bump from this dessert.
: >
: > Also, I started R-ALA many months ago and I got sick and quit. I was not
: > sure if it was the R-ALA. I have restarted this medication again about a
: > week ago. I am doing fine so far. I wonder how long it takes to have an
: > effect.
: >
: > Michael
: > (empire of snow) Michigan

: I take R-ALA but see no difference in anything.

: As for the blueberries, you can have mine. I can't stand them.

: Julie,

: I hope I get something from it. I will try. I think I remember Susan
: suggesting it might be beneficial. But, like so many other treatments, what
: works for one does not work for all.

: Michael

And nowfor something entirely different.

Blueberries! I have noticed tht this year teh blueberries and even somd
strawberries seem to last for a long time. I have had boxes forover a
week without seeign any rotting. does anyone have any idea wat is going
on here? It could sve me money by enabling me t buy a larger box at a
lower per serving cost. As only one to feed now, I have hesitted to do
this, but finally succumbed adn bought a big box and it is lasting!

Wendy