Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Boomer Boomer is offline

Default blueberries and making a dessert

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Boomer" > wrote in message
>I have started eating desserts with blueberries. I have done this because
>of the information I got that a steady diet of blueberries might lower my
>insulin resistance.
>
> I take 5 ounces of the plain Greek Yoghurt. This is the stuff that is very
> low in carbs. I have found no other yoghurt this low. It comes in quarts
> in a green tub.
>
> I then put in a tablespoon of peanut flour and 10 drops of sweetzfree.
> This is stirred very well. Lastly, blueberries are put in so that they are
> not broken by stirring. BTW I have found that peanut flour is an excellent
> flavouring with very low carbs, also quite cheap.
>
> If I have a Michelob Ultra before eating this dessert, I will get a drop
> in BG at 45 minutes. I confess to using alcohol to control my BG. Many of
> you already know this. I keep this alcohol input to two beers per day.
> Without using alcohol I will get about a 10 point bump from this dessert.
>
> Also, I started R-ALA many months ago and I got sick and quit. I was not
> sure if it was the R-ALA. I have restarted this medication again about a
> week ago. I am doing fine so far. I wonder how long it takes to have an
> effect.
>
> Michael
> (empire of snow) Michigan

I take R-ALA but see no difference in anything.

As for the blueberries, you can have mine. I can't stand them.

Julie,

I hope I get something from it. I will try. I think I remember Susan
suggesting it might be beneficial. But, like so many other treatments, what
works for one does not work for all.

Michael