Gorio Gorio is offline
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora View Post
Nancy2 wrote:
If I want to feel good, I'll feel a lot better
eating the bacon that has the same amount of
saturated fat as a pat of butter.

You could feel really, REALLY good if you had bacon with a side
order
of buttered toast. ;-)

N.

And polish it off with a couple of eggs - all that good cholesterol.
I think butter and bacon are both beneficial to bulk of my blessed brethren.

If you're paranoid about butter, just clarify it in water and skim the clarified butter off. Gi doesn't have the added junk of unclarified butter and is oh so great to cook with.

I eat bacon (and bacon fat) and butter religiously and my overall cholesterol number is 114. These new margerines are nothing special. Don't buy the advertising, eat good food. Amish by me seel this butter in a wax paper roll. It does taste a bit more rich and creamy that any store bought I've had.

I just wish it was easier to find real lard. This white grabage has no flavor. Give me some color and the little bits in there, any day.