Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default TJ's Tuna in Green Curry Sauce - tried it last night

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:26:01 -0500, Kate Connally
> wrote:

> Someone recently mentioned this product and the Tuna in
> Red Panang Curry Sauce on rfc. They sounded good so I got
> some the next time I went to TJ's.
>
> Last night I had the green curry over rice noodles. It was
> good flavor-wise, but boy was it hot!!!!! I'm sort of medium
> in my heat tolerance, so it wasn't too hot to eat, but I don't
> enjoy a whole plateful of something that hot. I like my heat
> in dribs and drabs. I was disappointed because the tuna itself
> was excellent in quality and I like the idea of having this on
> hand when for times when I don't want to cook.
>
> I hope the Red Curry is not as hot, but it probably will be.
> They should put the heat level on the box!

Your hot might be someone else's not so hot. However, it would be
helpful to see one of those colored scoville-scales on the label (the
one that resembles a thermometer).

I've been pondering about buying the green curry. I like heat, so if
it's medium I'd like it and so would everyone else... except my
son-in-law, whose stomach can't take anything hotter than a bell
pepper.