Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default (Mostly) Guilt-Free Potato Soup?

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 01:08:21 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> Roast three big russet
> potatoes. Use a knife to remove the peels, including some of the potato
> flesh. Use the remaining potato flesh for something else. (I'll be using it
> to make potato soufflés.)

I have no advice for your potato soup, but I wish you luck. As far as
separating the peel from the flesh, you're making it too complicated.
Roll them first to loosen things up, then split them in half and
squeeze out the interior flesh. You're making potato souffle with it
so it doesn't matter if the flesh is crumbled or not.