Space Cowboy

Default restaurant style iced-tea (home results dont come close)

Atmosphere. What is commonly served as tea can just as well be a herbal
infusion (Celestial Seasons comes to mind.) If the waiter keeps my glass
topped off with ice and tea I could care less about the taste just so long
it wasn't brewed in the coffee pot. You can check the previous posts on ice
tea. I prefer to let the tea adjust to room temperature before serving.
Some let chill in the refrig. When you make the tea use a big pot. My
grandma would boil water in a large pot on the stove, add the tea, let cool
and decant to a pitcher. The chefs in the kitchen probably have a tub of it
for serving which has been sitting around a couple of days. My rule of
thumb you don't want to know what is going on in the kitchen. There are
specific commercial formulations for iced tea but I think it more marketing
than anything else.

Jim

om...