Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default More on the quest to eat better

On Feb 2, 6:35*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> I made a stuffed red pepper. *Bell peppers are one of the things I don't
> normally like. I think it's because I've only tried them raw and they
> taste too strong.
>
> I decided to try a red bell pepper and stuff it with rice, tomato sauce,
> seasonings and ground meat. *I used the "meatloaf mix" because I didn't
> have any meat on hand to grind, and chuck wasn't on sale.
>
> I really liked it! *I put just a tiny bit of freshly shredded parm after
> it came out of the oven. *The pepper was so big that I cut it in half
> and had two portions; one to eat tonight, and one for lunch tomorrow.
>
> http://i51.tinypic.com/28wpa8y.jpg

I seem to remember you like zucchini or yellow squash, right? I
love stuffed zucchini. I first learned about stuffing zucchini from
the original Moosewook cookbook eons ago. So I googled around and
found this interesting recipe I think you might like. It's a Mexican
stuffed zucchini.....zuccanoes....

something different for you to try....they sound yummy.

http://www.twosisterstwosuppers.com/...zuccanoes.html