Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Cooking pasta with salt and water

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 23:57:52 +0000 (UTC), (Steve
Pope) wrote:

> Christopher M. > wrote:
>
> >Sometimes I forget to add salt. Can I add the salt after I put the pasta in,
> >or will the salt stick to the pasta and make it very salty?

> There is no need to add salt in the first place.

Really? I find it's very bland, the kind of bland that can't be cured
later if I don't add salt to the boiling water. For me, it's not a
question of "if", it's a question of "how much". I don't subscribe to
the salty as the sea method. Just a few shakes (maybe 1/4 tsp at the
most) for 4-6 qts of water.