Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Good website for rating/reviewing cooking appliances?

"Janet" wrote:

>I haven't found one that reviews a broad range of brands. I'd like to know
>whether it is actually worth it to pay more for some of the "professional"
>equipment.

Epinions.com is pretty good with customer reviews over a broad range.
But you're not really looking for a review, by needing to know if "if
it's worth it" you're wanting someone do make the decision for you
because you have no spine where spending mony is concerned. Btw,
there's a huge difference between "professional" and "professional
style". Hardly anyone puts true professional [commercial] equipment
in their home... 99% choose professional style (looks like).
Professional style performs no better than ordinary models, just makes
folks with more dollars than brain cells feel like they know.