AK

Default Tea and brain

In article >, metaperson wrote:
> Hi, everyone!
> Does anyone know exactly what effect tea has on brain?
> I'm asking because I heard that tea is an addictive drug.
> Of course, its effects may be weak, but sometimes after drinking quite a lot
> of tea I experience something strange... Euphoria, maybe... Or something
> like mystical experiences.
> Is it abnormal?

Typical for drugs. Hence their popularity.

I get the opposite effect, though - I feel markedly "off" if I drink
even one cup of medium-strength tea on empty stomack. It's similar to
eating too much salty food (for me). Or too much refined sugar food.

I only drink tea after a meal.

> And is tea really addictive?

Yes, but you should not be alarmed.. many things are addictive. I think
salt and sugar are. As far as addictive chemicals go, tea is the most
innocent one.

-AK