blues Lyne

Default Keemun

"Ripon" > wrote in message
om...

> Blue hello, What is that Keemun Ji Hong? Never tried that.
>
> Ripon.
> (From Bangladesh)

What I had was from Upton, Hubei Province Keemun Ji Hong ZK22. It was only
a small sample, but the tea was very mellow and smooth and had a sweetness
to it as it cooled. I enjoyed it very much. I remember thinking that it
wasn't as full flavored as some Keemuns, but as I said it was only a small
sample. A reviewer on the website found it "rich and full flavored". It's
a pretty inexpensive tea, so I'm sure I'll experiment with it some more.

Their website says: Rated a top tea region since the Tang Dynasty, Hubei
province produces this remarkable black tea. A special grade of Keemun.

You can read the reviews at www.uptontea.com

I recently received a sample from Special Teas of their Golden Monkey. It's
another very nice tea. While I'm not sure if it is a Keemun or not, it is
very similar. Sweet and smooth with a hint of spice. I'm not sure I tasted
any of the chocolate flavors most reviewers mention though.

Blues