Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Expired "Fiber One" bars ( Aug 21, 2010) and "Odwalla" original Super protein bars (Dec 25, 2010)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:45:31 -0600, George Shirley
> wrote:

>On 1/21/2011 5:09 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In >,
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Expired food should be tossed.
>>>
>>> Tracy

>> I rarely toss expired food unless it has obviously spoiled. Often that
>> date is a Best By date; even a Use By date I've missed doesn't
>> automatically get tossed out. Where's common sense?
>>

>Obviously not around here, I do the same thing. Being the nit picker I
>am I rotate food to the front of the shelf every time I shop. Now, if I
>could convince my loverly wife to do the same. Hah!

I just found a jar of something that had sneaked its way to the back
of my highest kitchen shelf and taken up residence. It was shrimp
paste. Had a use by date of early 2006. That is gone now.

Usually, I am lenient with my expired foodstuffs, but something about
this screamed "toss me, please," and I obliged.

Boron