Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Expired "Fiber One" bars ( Aug 21, 2010) and "Odwalla" original Super protein bars (Dec 25, 2010)

"Tracy" > wrote in message

> On 1/21/2011 11:19 AM, Mr. Bill wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 07:41:22 -0800 (PST), Manda Ruby
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for any suggestion.

>> But a homeless shelter might.
>>

> What makes you think a homeless shelter would want/take expired food? You
> think they don't care what kind of food they serve?
>
> Expired food should be tossed.

Agreed! I had a friend who worked at a soup kitchen in Seattle. This was
in the days when expiration dates were not required. But he said he knew
some of the food was stale because he tasted it. He said bakeries would
often drop off really old seasonal stuff. Like Valentines cookies months
after Valentines day. He said he hated having to serve them the bad tasting
stuff.